Friday, February 26, 2010

A Plan, A Plea, & A Fresh Start

As the youngest member of the Point Marion Area Lions Club, a club that is currently stagnant...small...and aging, I felt it necessary to try to recruit new members to our club. I have totally revamped our clubs website, which I started when I joined back in 2002 at the age of 18. I have also started pages/profiles on Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, and of course a blog (obviously). We especially need some younger members, but they must be 18 years or older.

I have also started to research new service activities that our club could be a part of that will have some impact on our community, state, country, and perhaps even internationally. Our club has had Friday night skating, and country music nights at our skating rink for many years. We have truly been losing money recently since the cost to heat and maintain the building have skyrocketed over the past few years. Therefore, the club decided to sell the skating rink (currently still for sell) and the small house beside it (sold).

Also, our club has never been organized. I also plan to try to regain some sort of structure. For instance, to pin down a specific meeting location, for a specific day or days in a month, for a specific time. We will also need to better educate members on the offices they hold, elect chairmen and committees for such things as recruitment, service projects, fundraising, etc.

We will also need to start generating some sort of income with fundraisers as the skating rink was historically or source. I also plan on restoring and revitalizing some of the clubs past projects such as eye glass recycling and broom sells.

I realize this will take some time, but I am confident that it is possible. I feel that our biggest need is for new member followed by the need for new service projects. I believe I have 2 new prospects that will hopefully join soon, but our club will need many more. Please consider joining, think about, and shoot me an email if at all interested or know someone who is ( pm_lionsclub@yahoo.com ). Do not hesitate to contact me for any further details, questions, etc.

Until then...

Yours in Lionism,

No comments:

Post a Comment